Diabetes in the Workplace
In April 2017, we asked our 710 delegate members questions regarding diabetes in the workplace.
With 131 participants (19%) here's what our members had to say:
- Does your organization offer programs targeting diabetes or prediabetes?
- If you answered “Yes” to the question above, please check all the strategies that your organization is doing to help prevent and manage diabetes in the workforce:
- Screening Programs
- Traditional medical care initiatives (via benefit coverage)
- Incentivizing employees through benefit design to be more compliant with medications and other critical services
- Disease management services (telephonic outreach, distribution of materials)
- Onsite Health Coaching
- Group-based programming (webinars, face-to-face counseling)
- Use of non-traditional care models like on-site clinics, convenience clinics, or pharmacist directed care management
- Onsite lifestyle/behavior modification programs (weight loss programs, nutrition education, fitness programs, diabetes education, etc)
- Online self-management and/or digital health tools
- Do you use a third party vendor to assist with these services?