Friendly, detail-oriented, and eager to learn? Raise your hand (and apply here) if that’s you!
As a Human Resources Specialist you’ll support our cross-functional team with daily administration of HR functions and will play an integral role in ensuring accuracy of employee information across various platforms. You’ll work with a collaborative, fun team where we share ideas and learn from one another. If you are naturally organized and thrive when juggling multiple priorities we would love to hear from you!
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an administrative position within a professional office setting.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Demonstrated effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Previous experience in an HR role highly preferred.
- Previous experience with HRIS and LMS platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field a plus.
- Previous experience developing relationships with internal and/or external customers and stakeholders.
- Previous banking experience.
A Day in the Life:
- Maintains and compiles data necessary to track and report on various HR initiatives encompassing the full employee life cycle.
- Prepares or maintains employment records related to events such as hiring, termination, transfers, or promotions, using the human resources information system (HRIS).
- Prepares onboarding and off boarding materials.
- Manages the retention of employee files.
- Coordinates postings for internal and external applicants with a primary focus on Retail Banking.
- Assists with initial applicant screening.
- Attends job fairs.
- Coordinates and assists with employee events including, but not limited to new employee orientations (NEO), manager trainings, Distinctive Customer Experience (DCE), flu clinics, open enrollment sessions, liaison meetings, and Learning Camp.
- Maintains and updates human resources documents, such as organizational charts, employee job aids, Bank Five Nine Essentials documents.
- Assists with employee benefit compliance requirements and annual compliance reporting.
- Manages NMLS IDs
- Serves as the primary back-up for payroll processing.
- Manages technical and functional day-to-day operational aspects of the learning management system (LMS) aka Cornerstone, including database management, installing updates and preparing systems reports.
- Assists stakeholders in using the LMS for technical and functional learning activities.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the LMS course build process, assignments, report generation, data consistency, integrity, maintenance, and end user support.
- Review and evaluate applicant qualifications or eligibility for specified licensing, according to established guidelines and designated licensing codes.
- Maintains and monitors progress on HR related policies, procedures, and projects.
- Order department office supplies as needed.
- Works on projects as assigned.
- Understands and complies with state and federal employment law. Keeps apprised of industry standards and associated regulations to maintain compliance.
- Maintains a general level of knowledge with respect to all departments and bank services.
- Keeps informed of developments in related areas such as talent development initiatives and general human resources practices.
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate.
Who We Are:
We’ve been in business over 162 years and we’re just getting started! Bank Five Nine is on a mission to make lives better for the Wisconsin communities we have been honored to serve since 1859! We’re excited to be named a Top Place to Work for 13 years in a row, and proud to be a place that people love to come to work every day. If you’re looking for a strong, supportive, local company that offers opportunities for both personal and professional growth, competitive wages and outstanding benefits, we’d love to hear from you!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals.