Workforce Health Medical Director, North Hills Health Center
Location: Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Discover. Achieve. Succeed. #BeHere
Location: US:WI:MENOMONEE FALLS at our CP-NORTH HILLS HEALTH CENTER facility.
This job is ON - SITE.
Shift: Shift 1
Workforce Health, the employer services arm of the Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin health network, has been working with employers since 1996 and currently serves over 600 employers representing over 170,000 employees. Services range from employer-based health and wellness programs, occupational health services, workplace clinics and cost management solutions such as direct-contracting for virtual care and FastCareÂ® retail clinics. Workforce Health operates 30 workplace clinics located in eastern Wisconsin.
The WFH Workplace Clinics & Wellness Medical Director is a key physician leader who works in dyad partnership with the WFH Executive Director - Operations and collaboratively with WFH and CP executive leadership and the clinical care teams to advance and achieve the mission, vision and strategic priorities of the enterprise. In collaboration with the WFH Executive Director - Operations, the WFH Medical Director manages clinical teams to advance care delivery to achieve measurable improvement and best in class efficiency and effectiveness with a consistent patient centered focus. Together with the leadership group, the WFH Medical Director will assist in developing strategies to improve the value of services offered to the market and advance care team development. The WFH Medical Director will effectively engage CP and health system resources to help manage provider capacity to meet patient demand and ensure patient experience and outcomes are consistently achieved across locations and aligned with the health system strategic plan. Along with the CP Chief Medical Officer, is directly accountable for performance of those providers employed by CP at WFH sites of care.
- Reports directly to the CP Chief Medical Officer
- Collaborates and coordinates with the WFH Executive Director - Operations as a dyad partner
- Collaborates with the WFH operations leadership and executive teams and is accountable to WFH President for strategic direction of WFH
- Collaborates with CP executive and operational leadership team as well as Health System leadership
1. In collaboration with the WFH Executive Director - Operations, provides oversight of the daily clinical operations in each of the practice sites. Provides direct patient care at employer sites of care as indicated, generally 8-10 patient contact hours per week.
2. Directly supervise providers to assure efficient and effective operation of the care delivery processes and assist in identifying opportunities for enhanced efficiencies in delivery of care, performance improvement and standardization of process across sites.
3. Lead and effectively communicate to providers the implementation of annual initiatives especially those focused on patient engagement, quality initiatives, provider/staff engagement, care team efficiency and growth tactics across the enterprise locations.
4. Lead provider team meetings to assure consistent sharing of performance data, communication of key messages, listening to input from providers to encourage and support their active engagement and advance standard work for key process across sites of care.
5. Use data and analytics to manage provider workforce capacity across sites within the market that matches patient demand and employer expectations, informed by market growth, contractual requirements and care delivery optimization.
6. Actively participate in provider recruiting by screening of candidates, participating in the interview process and selection of candidates who meet the organizational expectations of clinical quality and cultural fit, patient engagement and a team-based approach to care delivery.
7. Assure an effective on-boarding process for new WFH providers and participate in the annual review of provider performance.
8. Lead, facilitate and encourage continuous process improvement, care delivery redesign and effective change management.
9. Review and approve clinical practice guidelines and policies for WFH Workplace Clinic and Wellness services, in alignment with CP and enterprise standards.
10. Participate in the development and execution of the Employer Services strategic plan and periodic program development. Collaborate with the Medical Director – Occupational Health Services and WFH leaders to align services delivered to meet employer needs.
11. Create an environment in which staff members feel safe in informing supervisors, physician leaders and/or Compliance Officers of suspected or actual unethical or unlawful business practices.
1. Coordinates and leads regular team meetings and provides consistent information related to care delivery initiatives, organizational communications, marketplace changes and celebrations of success.
2. Regularly round with providers to provide feedback, discuss performance, communicate key messages and address market specific concerns and challenges.
3. Participate in performance management of providers in accordance with the Provider Performance Management Policy.
4. Participates in the operations meetings within WFH and CP with other medical directors and dyad partners
5. Participate in routine meetings with the CP Chief Medical Officer including an annual review of performance and goal setting.
6. Participate in regular meetings with the executive leadership team designed to execute and advance standard practices across CP and WFH
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Minimum of 5 years of clinical practice. Current experience in ambulatory primary care highly desirable. Experience in employer services or workplace wellness is desirable.
2. Minimum of 2 years of experience in a leadership role in a medical practice or complex physician organization is required. Leadership experience should include direct management of providers. Experience working with Advanced Practice Providers is desirable.
3. Medical License in the State of WI
4. Board certification in a medical specialty
5. Demonstrated ability to lead by example, effectively communicate with diverse groups, promote shared accountability, and facilitate change and a clear focus on results.
For immediate consideration, please forward a copy of your CV to Tiffany Crawford at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact me directly at (262) 649-5158.
The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin regional health network is a partnership between Froedtert Health and the Medical College of Wisconsin supporting a shared mission of patient care, innovation, medical research and education. Our health network operates eastern Wisconsin's only academic medical center and adult Level I Trauma center engaged in thousands of clinical trials and studies. The Froedtert & MCW health network, which includes ten plus hospitals, nearly 2,000 physicians and more than 45 health centers and clinics draw patients from throughout the Midwest and the nation.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who values and maintains an environment that attracts, recruits, engages and retains a diverse workforce. We welcome protected veterans to share their priority consideration status with us at 262-439-1961. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. During your application and interview process, if you have a need that requires an accommodation, please contact us at 262-439-1961. We will attempt to fulfill all reasonable accommodation requests.