April 13, 2020
Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
The details for the posting are below:
1. Interested parties look for Vacancy ID #81575.
2. Click on the green "apply" button.
3. If you do not have a WECAN account, you would need to click on the blue "Create an Applicant Account" link.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING:
1. A Bachelor’s of Science degree in Health Promotion or related field and a minimum of three years working in a wellness-related field. Examples include health promotion, fitness, or a health professional (i.e. nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy). Prefer a bachelor's degree in nursing or exercise physiology with an emphasis in wellness or health education.
2. Ability to establish relationships with employees to promote participation in sponsored programs and to motivate them to set and reach health goals.
3. Ability to display professionalism when dealing with employees and outside vendors.
4. Ability to conduct benchmarking analysis plus environment and culture assessments to aid in program development.
5. Ability to act as a liaison in the District to gather ideas and sponsor events (i.e. Back to School Bash, fitness classes, and wellness presentations). Create an environment that provides positive and collaborative relationships within the program.
6. Ability to work with the District’s insurance broker, InHealth Clinic and others to increase employees’ participation in lifestyle management programs and leverage the medical plans for wellness initiatives.
7. Ability to maintain confidential documents and information plus keep abreast of HIPAA rules and regulations.
8. Ability to integrate wellness/fitness program initiatives into the District's culture.
9. Ability to present self as a forward thinker, energetic, motivated, creative, organized, relationship builder, and a leader.
10. Demonstrate skills in program building, critical thinking, verbal and written communication, and computer and web-based programs.
1. Chair the Sheboygan Area School District Wellness Committee (develop agenda, provide minutes, research/prepare necessary information).
2. Manage the District’s wellness program to include: organize/arrange wellness program offerings, implement/oversee awarding of wellness program benefits, coordinate wellness program offerings with contracted providers, and manage/develop wellness program budget.
3. Serve as the District’s wellness coach. Be available at every school one day per month to provide scheduled, one-on-one support to employees (weight management, fitness, nutrition, cessation direction, resource referrals, etc.)
4. Provide basic screening to employees on wellness coaching days (blood pressure, BMI, weight, etc.).
5. Maintain screening equipment.
6. Responsible for marketing and communicating District benefits and programs to reduce health risks, medical costs, and encourage healthy lifestyles.
7. Responsible for gathering and analyzing data to measure program success on wellness initiatives.
8. Keep abreast of current national wellness initiatives and activities plus develop a network of resources and contacts to further expand the Employee Wellness Program. Explore ideas and opportunities to personalize programs to increase employee participation.
9. Organize district-wide wellness initiatives (National Employee Health and Fitness Day, District Wellness Fair, and other potential initiatives).
10. Manage annual Health Risk Appraisals (HRA) with Healics:
- schedule dates/times/location for all Bioscreens and telephonic consultations
- assist employees/spouses with questions, information, concerns pertaining to Bioscreening
- serve as liaison between the District and Healics
- notify building custodian of dates/times/location of HRA’s
- coordinate Healics’ presentation of HRA summary report to the Benefits Committee and Wellness Committee.
11.Conduct Annual Employee Interest Survey.
12. Educate employees about Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services.
13. Schedule contracted EAP presentations/in-services.
14. Maintain WELCOA Well Workplace award.
15. Annually present wellness program and EAP overview at New Teacher Orientation.
16. Conduct annual fall wellness program in-services for all employees/spouses new to the insurance.
17. Perform other duties that are self-initiated or assigned including, but not limited to, development of materials for monthly wellness resource letter, Wellness Webpage updates, flu vaccine clinic coordination, and blood borne pathogen training and follow-up.
1. Twelve-month contract. The employee works Monday through Friday, daytime hours. There are no scheduled weekend hours. The position includes vacation plus 10 paid holidays.
2. Salary range is $56,000 - $70,000 depending on certification and experience.
Applications will be accepted only through the Wisconsin Education Career Access Network (WECAN). Go to: https://wecan.education.wisc.edu/#/Employer/3479/Vacancies/1 to view the vacancy and to submit your application materials. All applicants must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on May 10, 2020.
1. The Sheboygan Area School District is located on the shores of Lake Michigan approximately halfway between Milwaukee and Green Bay and has an excellent reputation as a community and as a leader in education. It has:
Two Senior High Schools (9-12)
Nine Charter Schools (K-12)
Three Middle Schools (6-8)
Eleven Elementary Schools (K-5)
An Early Learning Center
An Administrative Building
2. The Sheboygan Area School District has a projected enrollment of 10,000 students for the 2020-2021 school year with approximately 1,500 employees. The District offers a full range of wellness opportunities for its employees.
3. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.