FOND DU LAC COUNTY
invites applications for the position of:
Wellness Program Assistant
SALARY: $15.13 - $18.09 Hourly
OPENING DATE: 08/01/16
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
**Accepting applications until position is filled.**
This is a Part Time position (19 hours/week)
Under the direction of the Director of Administration, creates, implements, and evaluates the wellness program for the purpose of educating and engaging employees in healthy lifestyle choices. Performs other related functions as necessary or as may be requested.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Schedule, attend, and co-lead meetings; follow up on action items identified in meetings including, but not limited to, taking meeting minutes and writing agendas
- Plan and implement health promotion programs according to Wellness operating plan
- Develop a new operating plan annually with assistance from the executive wellness team
- Coordinate onsite health screenings/health risk assessments
- Development and/or distribution of promotional materials, such as monthly newsletter, handouts, payroll stuffers, letters, flyers, john journals etc
- Manage Wellness finances, including deposits, purchase recs, invoices
- Write letters to request grant money
- Market, coordinate, and run the annual health fair with assistance from the health fair subcommittee
- Responsible for general office duties and provides immediate support to the Director of Administration/Wellness chairperson and committee
- Facilitate all duties needed to pursue achievement of a Well Workplace Award or other designations
- Serve as the organization's wellness champion during participation in the Well City Fond du Lac Initiative.
Desirable Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively and positively with employees at all levels
- Proficiency with MS Office applications: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Publisher
- High degree of self-initiation, organizational skills and problem solving
- Public speaking and presentation skills required
- Training and Experience:
- Desired combination of background and knowledge in any or all of the areas of wellness theories, principles and practices, health, exercise science and nutrition
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Work Direction Received:
Performs assigned duties independently. Direction is provided by the Director of Administration.
There is no supervisory responsibility.
Daily work is performed independently. Supervisory assistance is available for guidance on unique or unusual problems or situations.
There is significant contact (telephone, email, face-to-face) with employees, vendors, department heads, and the general public, etc.