AdvantageHealth Corporation, a leader in corporate fitness and wellness, is currently seeking to fill an opening for a full-time (40 hours per week) Wellness Consultant. This individual will provide support and assist in managing our client’s employee wellbeing program in a virtual capacity as a wellness coordinator, presenter, health coach, ergonomic specialist and group fitness instructor. This individual will work in a remote/at home capacity, with the possibility of visiting some of the client’s offices periodically. The individual will partner with other Wellness Consultants to administer company-wide wellness initiatives to approximately 1,800 employees in alignment with the strategic wellness plan of our client.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Administer the client’s incentive program, working with other of our client’s Wellness Consultants for one, company-wide program.
- Create, promote, implement and evaluate company-wide wellness challenges/campaigns.
- Collaborate with the other Wellness Consultants to create and promote mental health initiatives in partnership with the client’s medical plan provider.
- Meet regularly with the other Wellness Consultants to ensure the company’s wellness initiatives appear seamless across all territories.
- Provide health coaching via video or phone call on common preventive health issues such as weight management, physical activity, healthy eating and stress management, plus work within our health coaching software.
- Instruct mindfulness/meditation/breathing classes virtually via WebEx, Zoom and/or Microsoft Teams.
- Provide ergonomic assessments virtually.
- Create materials and present professionally on a variety of topics to leadership teams across the client sites.
- Schedule lunch and learn events throughout the year.
- Report budget, health coaching, group fitness, ergonomic assessments and other stats monthly to AdvantageHealth and the client.
- Develop high-quality promotional materials for programs.
- Create and implement special events as needed.
- Travel to the client’s offices periodically within the territory as needed.
- Ability to deliver superior service to our client and their employees and communicate effectively.
- Ability to always interact in a professional and courteous manner with our client and their employees; professional appearance required.
- Ability to successfully perform position requirements with excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization skills required.
- Ability and willingness to adapt to changing business demands and to be flexible with the responsibilities of the client’s strategic plan.
- Experience and the ability to work in a remote/home environment effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to produce an acceptable amount of work efficiently and accurately; ability to produce a high-quality final work product.
- Capability to take ownership of individual projects but to also be a team player, contributing equally to the team’s strategic planning and projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in health-related field including community health, public health, dietetics, kinesiology, exercise physiology, corporate fitness/wellness or health promotion required.
- Professional certifications by nationally recognized health/fitness organizations, such as Precision Nutrition, Mental Health First Aid, NBHWC, ACSM, NSCA, NETA, ACE and/or AFAA, are preferred. Personal training, group fitness, mental health, nutrition and yoga certifications, or the desire to obtain these certifications, is a plus.
- Candidate must hold, or be willing to obtain upon hire, a current certification in CPR/AED.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in health coaching, plus a certification by a nationally recognized health coaching organization is highly desired, or the interest to obtain this certification upon hire.
- Prefer experience in ergonomic assessments or certification of ergonomics.
- Experienced presenter virtually and in-person with a variety of employee types (from leadership to colleagues)
- Excellent organization, attention to detail and follow-up skills.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Ability to teach group fitness classes such as yoga, circuit, boot camp, stretching and/or strengthening. Must have experience with leading classes virtually.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) required. Experience with Canva recommended.
- Experience with WELCOA best practices and framework is a plus.
- Experience with leading Wellness Champions is a plus.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA requirements.
- Comfortable creating material/programs and providing services virtually while willing to travel to offices to provide support/services.
- Prefer candidate to be located within the Central or Eastern Time Zone.
Position includes a comprehensive benefits package, plus competitive salary.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter:
Attn: Human Resources
Two Appletree Square
8011 34th Avenue South, Suite 216
Bloomington, MN 55425
AdvantageHealth is an equal opportunity employer.