If a company is going to make a difference in today’s world, it’s going to have to think differently. At Organic Valley, our philosophy and decisions are based on the health and welfare of people, animals and the earth. We’re a mission-driven cooperative, owned by family farmers, and we’ve been leaders in organic agriculture from the very beginning. Once pioneers of organic agriculture, we’re now an established leader. Organic is all we do. We are driven by our mission to promote regional farm diversity and economic stability by the means of organic agricultural methods and the sale of certified organic products.
Summary of Role
The Wellbeing Coordinator will help carry out the overall wellbeing strategy of the organization. The Wellbeing Coordinator will work closely with the Benefits Manager to plan, coordinate, promote, innovate, and deliver a comprehensive employee wellbeing program. This will include but is not limited to coordinating fitness and wellbeing services and programs, overseeing the wellbeing committee, delivering or coordinating group educational sessions, conducting surveys, developing communication materials to promote wellbeing programs, and tracking participation and outcomes. This position will require travel to multiple CROPP locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate campaigns to promote a healthy lifestyle and participation in wellbeing programs.
- Create programming and processes designed to support employees across a variety of roles and environments i.e. production, office, remote.
- Coordinate onsite wellness services at CROPP facilities (i.e. massage therapy, chiropractic care, biometric screenings) including scheduling, communication to employees, and preparation of onsite spaces.
- Coordinate, promote, and evaluate employee wellbeing events and programs such as wellness challenges, presentations, wellness fairs, and other special events.
- Plan, coordinate, and assist with onsite fitness class processes, fitness instructor schedules, fitness instructor payroll, and fitness instructor certifications.
- Assist in the management of CROPP’s virtual wellness platforms.
- Work closely with CROPP’s employee communication team to develop promotion and publicity plans for wellness and fitness programs throughout the organization
- Assist with writing, editing, and distributing wellbeing E-newsletter to employees.
- Administer CROPP’s wellness reimbursement program including program guidelines and processes, approving requests, and managing employee utilization records.
- Oversee CROPP’s wellbeing committee.
- Provide educational presentations and training programs to CROPP employees.
- Provide communication and logistics support to the CROPP Garden Club.
- Aid the Facilities team in management of onsite fitness centers as needed.
- Assist in partnering with internal and external stakeholders (benefits providers, safety, facilities, café services, etc.) as appropriate.
- Conduct surveys to determine interest in, or satisfaction with, wellness and fitness programs, events, or services.
- Obtain measurable data and metrics to assist the Benefits Manager in analyzing the impact of health and wellbeing initiatives.
- Assist the Benefits Manager in the development of budget, policies, and procedures relevant to the operation of CROPP’s wellbeing programs.
- Provide individual guidance in wellbeing.
- Create new avenues of support for CROPP’s farmer-members focused on improving their wellbeing and building connections with employees.
- Design programs and initiatives that create opportunities for meaningful connection between CROPP’s board of directors, Executive Team, and employees.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with employee engagement programs and events as assigned.
- Assist with other areas within the Benefits team as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Health and Wellness, Health Promotion, Health Education or related field required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a wellbeing, engagement, benefits or other related field required.
- Knowledge of specific disease and lifestyle related topics such as smoking cessation, weight management, nutrition, stress reduction and chronic conditions.
- Certification from a professional wellbeing organization or CHES certification a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Design experience preferred.
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain and work with confidential information.
- Proven experience in multi-tasking.
- High attention to detail required.