Colony Brands, Inc. is one of North America’s largest and most successful direct marketing catalog and e-Commerce companies. Our company has grown from a premier mail-order cheese company to include a diverse portfolio of affiliates, brands and products ranging from apparel to kitchen appliances, while maintaining our roots as a private, customer-centric business based in Monroe, WI.
Our employees ARE our most important asset. To holistically support them and our strategic business operations, we are seeking an ethical, detail-oriented, and results-driven Senior Benefits Administrator who values the health and wellness of others and the community. If you’re someone who’s detail-oriented and just as passionate about overall wellness as continuing to learn, then this may be the position for you!
What You’ll Do:
You’ll be an integral part of the Benefits and Human Resource teams and our mission to Empower People to Enrich Lives. We’re committed to generously supporting our customers and communities! To realize that vision, your work will focus on directing and executing the day-to-day operations of group benefit programs and providing our employees with excellent, ethical, empathetic customer service. As the Senior Benefits Administrator, you’ll have the opportunity positively impact the wellness of your colleagues and exercise both independent and collaborative project coordination skills in a stable, team environment where Health and Wellness are valued by senior leadership.
You’ll also be responsible for:
- Executing the operations of group benefit programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, worker’s compensation, life insurance, flexible spending plan, retirement plan, personal leaves, etc.)
- Championing individual wellness via the Wellness Works corporate programs and initiatives by providing employees with wellness programs that are both meaningful and impactful to their health
- Monitoring and explaining Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) updates and requirements to employees and assisting the Benefits Technician with more complex leave situations
- Managing the HealthCheck 360 employee wellness portal, wellness communications, and associated administrative tasks
- Ensuring a strong partnership and collaboration with the CB Health & Wellness Center staff
- Researching and understanding of employment and benefits laws, best-in-class practices and investigating new benefit programs and ways to improve existing programs
- Providing analytical and technical support in the delivery of the benefit programs
- Providing empathetic, consistent, decisive, and compliant Benefits support to all company customers
- Enforcement of the Substance Abuse Policy and adherence to HIPAA and privacy practices
- Providing both direct and indirect leadership to benefits support staff, including instructing, scheduling, work reviews
- Supporting other functional Human Resources areas as needed (Safety, HRIS, Employment, Employee Relations, Community Relations)
This role requires a high-level of passion for the wellness of people and programs and processes to support them. You must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to productively work with anybody. Ideally you will have a bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Community Health Education, or related area and 2+ years of delivering key employee benefits.
In addition, we are looking for:
- A solid knowledge of employment laws and benefits laws such as HIPAA, FMLA, and ERISA, with a minimum of two years’ direct experience working with them
- Experience executing and creating wellness programs, ideally in a diverse workforce
- Credible knowledge of Worker’s Compensation issues
- Exceptional project management, coordination, prioritization, and workload management skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- A knowledge-seeker who can research and dig into any related subject and relay that information in an easily understandable manner to others
- Strong interpersonal and conflict-resolution skills
- Solid PC skills and experience working with the MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Colony Brands, Inc. is one of North America's largest, multi-channel, direct-marketing companies. The company maintains an extensive portfolio of affiliates, brands, and products ranging from cheese and petit fours to apparel and kitchen appliances, while maintaining its roots as a private, customer-centric business based in Monroe, WI. We're financially sound, yet our success is not just defined by our profits; it's about living our Core Values, giving our employees the opportunity for growth and providing a better place to live and work! To that end, Colony Brands generously supports the communities we work in and offer many benefits and programs that support the well-being of our employees.
Visit www.colonybrands.com and search for this job title under the Careers tab.
LEARN MORE OR APPLY TODAY!