Rewarding Employment Opportunity: Project Evaluator
The Eau Claire City-County Health Department has an exciting opportunity for a Project Evaluator for the Mental Health Alliance program! The Mental Health Alliance is a collaboration of multiple agencies that are working together to support comprehensive prevention and early identification strategies to improve behavioral health in Chippewa and Eau Claire Counties. This grant funded position requires knowledge of evaluation principles and experience in project or community evaluation. The community evaluator will be responsible for leading the evaluation of project activities and will support the Alliance’s efforts to achieve success. With a wide variety of programs and a collaborative dynamic agency, every employee plays a critical role in promoting and protecting the health and safety of the people in our community. Find us on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/eauclairehealth
As a Project Evaluator, your primary duties will be:
• Collecting local health data from a variety of sources.
• Analyzing and evaluating local, state and national health data, including benchmark measures.
• Evaluating and acting on additional data needs.
• Gathering, tracking, and maintaining data needed for health promotion and disease prevention, evaluation, and quality improvement efforts.
• Developing communication and messaging strategies utilizing data.
• Participating in the statewide learning community focused on behavioral health.
• Working closely with community and academic partners to ensure fidelity to the broader evaluation model of the initiative.
• Supporting community stakeholder and partner meetings.
• Building programs and services that will benefit our community!
Your minimum qualifications must include:
• Bachelor’s degree; master’s degree preferred.
• Evaluation experience; public health/healthcare/community evaluation experience preferred.
• Experience in data analysis and research methods.
• Interpersonal communications, group process, and facilitation skills, including communicating a broad amount of information to a wide variety of audiences.
• Attention to detail including ability to develop clear and actionable workplan.
• Project management and grant writing experience preferred.
• Willingness to engage in continuous learning and training.
• Demonstrated professional aptitude.
• Ability to contribute to work environment where continuous quality improvements in service and professional practice are pursued.
• Strong technical writing skills.
• A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
• A passion about both public service and a work-life balance.
Please note that this position has a minimum of 20 grant hours/week. Depending on qualifications and interest, this position may be hired up to full-time with half of the hours dedicated to the Mental Health Alliance and the remainder to other health department initiatives.
This position has schedule flexibility and a salary range of $25.82-$32.28/hour. We also offer an excellent benefits package consisting of health and life insurance, matched contributions into a retirement fund, paid holidays, and generous vacation and personal leave.
Position will be open until filled – Applications received by Tuesday, June 7th will receive first review.
Eau Claire City-County Health Department is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an affirmative action plan.