Rewarding Employment Opportunity: Project Director
The Eau Claire City-County Health Department has an exciting full-time opportunity for a Project Director for our Mental Health Alliance program! The Mental Health Alliance is a collaboration of multiple agencies that are working together to support comprehensive prevention and early identification strategies to improve behavioral health in Chippewa and Eau Claire Counties. This grant funded position requires public health and mental health knowledge and experience as well as excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills. The project director will be responsible for providing leadership for grant-related activities, overseeing administrative and fiscal reports, assuring strong community collaboration, providing grant-related communication, and ensuring adequate progress is made toward meeting project objectives. With a wide variety of programs and a collaborative dynamic agency, every employee plays a critical role in promoting and protecting the health and safety of the people in our community. Find us on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/eauclairehealth
As Project Director, your primary duties will be:
• Developing specific, measurable community-focused action plans related to mental health and prevention.
• Participating in the statewide learning community focused on behavioral health.
• Facilitating meetings between the partner organizations of the Chippewa Valley Mental Health Alliance.
• Facilitating implementation of community-focused, collaborative initiatives to promote mental health in the two-county area.
• Developing and disseminating communication materials.
• Identifying tools, resources, and evidence-based/building community health improvement strategies related to mental health.
• Monitoring program activities to ensure quality and accuracy of grant outcomes.
• Coordinating evaluation and quality improvement activities.
• Connecting with broad stakeholder groups in Eau Claire and Chippewa relating to mental health.
• Establishing, expanding, facilitating, and sustaining initiatives, programs, and/or partnerships that engage key stakeholders and community members.
• Overseeing administrative and fiscal reports for grant.
• Building programs and services that will benefit our community!
Your minimum qualifications must include:
• A bachelor’s degree in public health, mental health, public administration, social work, nursing or closely related field; master’s degree preferred.
• Experience working on public-health related and/or community-based issues preferred.
• Project management and grant writing experience.
• Strong understanding of public health practice, including health promotion and health education theories, levels of prevention such as those related to community organizing, mobilizing, and social justice.
• Interpersonal communication, group process, and facilitation skills, including communicating broad amount of information to a wide variety of audiences.
• Ability to work with diverse individuals and groups on complex community issues.
• Willingness to engage in continuous learning and training.
• Demonstrated professional aptitude and ability to work independently.
• Ability to contribute to work environment where continuous quality improvements in service and professional practice are pursued.
• A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
• A passion about both public service and a work-life balance.
This full-time position has schedule flexibility and a pay range of $25.82-$32.28/hour. We also offer an excellent benefits package consisting of health and life insurance, matched contributions into a retirement fund, paid holidays, and generous vacation and personal leave.
Position will be open until filled – Applications received by Tuesday, June 7th will receive first review.
Eau Claire City-County Health Department is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an affirmative action plan.