Program Manager – Health Programs
Full-Time (Regular)University of Wisconsin Extended Campus | Program Development and ManagementApply by June 16, 2022
The University of Wisconsin Extended Campus is currently seeking a Program Manager – Health Programs, which serves as the administrative lead and the primary contact with partner campuses for our current and continually expanding array of programs in this subject area. Current programs in this area include the Bachelor and Master of Science in Health and Wellness Management degrees, as well as our Graduate Certificate in Sustainability and Well-Being.
Through our collaborative model, the University of Wisconsin Extended Campus administers many interdisciplinary programs in partnership with campuses throughout the UW System. Those academic institutions provide curriculum, faculty, and academic support services to enrolled students, the majority of whom represent working adults. UWEX serves as the administrative and fiscal lead for the programs providing a variety of supports to include program management, marketing, instructional design, media and student services.
Program managers are subject matter experts and work in concert with collaborative campus’ academic leads, faculty and other support staff to provide administrative oversight and direction to assigned online programs and other subject-related offerings. The Program Manager serves as a liaison to these campuses to establish systems, policies, procedures and business practices that support collaboration and effective operation. The Program Manager will also collaborate with internal UWEX team members involved in supporting the program and students to include program marketing, student recruitment, success coaching, online course development, and other support services consistent with the partnership agreements, service objectives, and operational goals of these programs. Hybrid work options may be available to Wisconsin residents only.
- Develops and implements annual program goals/business objectives and associated timelines.
- Supervises and monitors all program functions, activities and outcomes of assigned subject area program(s).
- Monitors program success; identifies opportunities for improvement, creates efficiencies or recommends course adjustments to ensure greater success.
- Develops, implements and monitors program growth strategies and effectiveness of marketing and recruitment strategies.
- Manages program budgets and ensures that revenue targets are met, and expense limits are not exceeded.
- Leads efforts with partner campus administrative personnel to develop and maintain systems that align UWEX program efforts with campus processes for admissions, transfers, degree and credit review, registration and course scheduling.
- Identifies opportunities for program and service improvement and leads development of new programs/program enhancements, from concept inception through implementation and integration into the program array
- Builds strong, collaborative, interpersonal relationships and provides regular communication with program stakeholders, such as UWEX staff, designated partners and students.
- Provides regular communication, information, and data to multiple stakeholders about student progress, program success, and goal attainment.
- Coordinates and sponsors professional development opportunities for faculty teaching in the program, as well as communities of interest served by the program.
- Serves as mentor and advisor for the programs’ students and alumni.
- Maintains an understanding of current and upcoming accreditation standards, such as campus specific requirements and other standards that govern the program(s).
- Works with campus partners and other internal/external stakeholders to identify and incorporate new technologies and emerging content within courses to ensure continued relevance.
- Networks with local, state and national professional organizations to promote and continuously enhance the programs
- Utilizes subject matter expertise to provide leadership for curriculum development and instructional support to the program faculty on an ongoing basis.
- Works with faculty, staff, and advisory boards to maintain accreditation of the program(s) by following defined standards and processes of the accrediting organization(s), as deemed valuable and important to the success of the program by stakeholders. Maintains ongoing and productive relationships with the accrediting organization(s).
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Health Promotion, Wellness Management, or a related field
- Subject matter expertise in the subject area
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in program or project management
- Ability to travel up to 20%, mainly in Wisconsin
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Promotion, Wellness Management, or a related field
- Program management experience in higher education or other educational services setting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Fundamental understanding of higher education operations
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and commitment to clarity, simplicity, and transparency
- Highly developed communication skills that match messaging to audience needs
- Excellent time management and project management skills; can effectively direct and integrate all aspects of a project or program, ensuring that work progresses toward achieving goals and objectives on time and on budget.
- Able to use knowledge and understanding of climate to make decisions and take actions that satisfy diverse interests and contribute effectively to program and division goals.
HOW TO APPLY
- A complete application will include the following:
- A letter of interest addressing applicant qualifications and experience as they relate to the responsibilities of the position.
- A professional resume.
- References will be requested if selected as a finalist. References must include names, email, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references including at least one current or past supervisor.
Please direct requests for information to:
Shelby Buchanan, HR Generalist
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION
For consideration, complete applications must be submitted by June 16, 2022.
POSITION DESCRIPTION CLARIFICATION
This position description represents a general outline of job duties, expectations, responsibilities and qualifications. It is not intended to be comprehensive in nature. In addition, this position is likely to evolve over time and therefore the position description may not fully reflect the precise nature of the position at a future point in time.
The successful candidate will be required to provide documentation of credentials. Prior to appointment to this position, a criminal records review and inquiries regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment will be conducted. UW Extended Campus complies with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act with regard to nondiscrimination based on arrest and/or conviction record. This document can be made available in alternative formats by calling the person listed above. An offer of employment is contingent upon establishment of identity and verification of employment eligibility as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. The University of Wisconsin Extended Campus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and actively seeks and encourages applications from women, minorities and persons with disabilities. It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment.