Are you looking for an opportunity to display your worksite wellness expertise in a collaborative, entrepreneurial, and forward-thinking environment?
Bring your knowledge of workplace wellness programs, your expertise in establishing credibility and managing relationships, and your passion for educating and empowering others towards wellness to this Program Manager opportunity!
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE:
The Program Manager is responsible for the implementation, management, and evaluation of programs and the delivery to members and prospective members of the organization, including direct service, delivery of corporate wellness consultative services, and other services that augment and support these programs. The program manager has an externally facing role managing programs and relationships in the community. This position reports to the Executive Director. It also requires thorough knowledge of corporate wellness programs and the ability to work in close cooperation with the WCWI’s board of directors and other staff. In addition, this individual will have passion for wellness and the desire to motivate others on the importance of WCWI and its mission. Functions include administration, operations, strategic planning, idea generation and development, budgeting, program development, planning, management and evaluation, and member recruitment and retention. This position offers outstanding opportunity for personal growth and achievement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for all facets of quality programming and service development and delivery, from idea generation, strategic planning, budgeting, material preparation, implementation, evaluation, and reporting.
• To establish and maintain all program participant files, registration, and documentation.
• To maintain appropriate fiscal controls to ensure all programs are within the scope of the annual budget.
• Oversee and manage continuing education opportunities for program participants.
• Coordinate liaison activities with external entities including employers, community, and Wellness Council of America (WELCOA) to offer partnering programs, educational opportunities, or Well City initiatives.
• Provide support, education and training/consultative services to members and prospective members on the well workplace process and the well workplace award application through one on one meetings, mentor program, well workplace award orientation, checklist and application consults, Well Workplace Universities and speaking engagements to name a few.
• Responsible for promotional strategy as well as creating and coordinating ongoing communications (newsletter, website, and social media) for program promotion.
• Identify efficiencies in systems and procedures necessary to accomplish Wellness Council mission, planning and implementing new systems and procedures as appropriate.
• Work with the Wellness Council Board of Directors and oversee the advancement committee to develop, implement, and meet business plan goals and objectives.
• Work collaboratively with staff to participate in the recruitment and retention of employer members through a commitment to exceptional customer service.
• Maintain a positive working relationship in compliance with the licensing agreement with the Wellness Councils of America (WELCOA).
• Manage some daily office/financial operations to maintain internal controls with a commitment to operational and functional excellence.
• Assist in the development, planning and implementation of the overall annual wellness conference and oversee program registration.
• Travel statewide. Valid Wisconsin driver’s license required.
All other duties as assigned. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
May directly supervise student interns.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at or above a satisfactory level. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field with 3 - 5 years of applicable work experience required.
• Working knowledge of business planning, administration, marketing and worksite wellness concepts.
• Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills required.
• Teaching/training experience a plus.
• Computer literacy with Microsoft Office applications especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of Database Management, QuickBooks, Jotform, website development and content management a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and type. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, grasp, handle or touch objects. The employee is required to stand, walk, sit and occasionally lift 30 lbs.