Location: Wisconsin (remote)
Position Title: Operations Coordinator
Posting Date: February 8, 2022
Closing Date: open until filled
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Part-time 30 hours/week; Non-exempt
To apply: Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by February 28, 2022. No phone calls will be accepted. A resume and cover letter must be received to be considered for this job.
To you, your work is more than just a job — you’re invigorated by working for a mission and making an impact. WCWI’s vision is to be a community of connected employers who are transforming Wisconsin’s workforce. We are committed to making this vision a reality in Wisconsin through the delivery of our unique membership experience and high-touch, high-value service. As the Operations Coordinator, you will be the backbone of support and operational efficiency for WCWI’s staff and members – ensuring premier service delivery to WCWI members, keeping flawless records with your keen attention to detail, using your proficiency for database and website management and reporting, and adhering to processes to ensure the staff team is able to operate effectively in our delivery of service, experiences, and resources to WCWI members. Ready to join our team and transform Wisconsin’s workforce?
More About WCWI:
WCWI is a nonprofit membership organization dedicated to supporting employers as the premier resource for employee wellbeing in Wisconsin. WCWI believes that employee wellbeing is a foundational strategy and business priority for every employer of all sectors, industries, and sizes. As a provider of professional development and consultation, we help organizations shift employee wellbeing to a foundational strategy that is valued and understood by all. WCWI celebrates thirty-six years of elevating and advancing employee wellbeing in Wisconsin’s workplaces and communities. Over 400 employers are engaged in WCWI’s membership and we unite and build connections across 600 wellbeing professionals and leaders to impact over 2.5 million employees in the workforce.
View WCWI’s website: https://www.wellnesscouncilwi.org/WCWI.htm
View WCWI’s Membership: 2022 Membership Benefits
View WCWI’s Impact: 2021 Year in Review
Overview of the Position and Reporting Structure:
WCWI is seeking a vital contributor to the organization’s service team to provide administrative support to the staff across all of WCWI’s membership, events, and networking experiences, as well as execute many of the day-to-day coordination of WCWI’s operations. This is a newly-created position and we’re looking for an energetic, passionate, detail-oriented individual to join our team. Reporting to WCWI’s Executive Director, the Operations Coordinator will have three main responsibilities: (1) maintain the membership and event database, including organizing membership and event registration and administering invoices, (2) be the staff expert in functions of reporting for administration of banking/accounting tasks, continuing education for members and event attendees, evaluation metrics, and more, and (3) support and connect with WCWI members through email and phone service. This role will also contribute to the planning and implementation of important WCWI initiatives including: WCWI’s Annual Employee Wellbeing Conference, WCWI’s Partner Sponsor benefits, and WCWI’s networking and learning events.
- Work closely with the Communication & Events Manager to ensure ongoing membership processes and service exceed expectations and contribute to successful realization of membership renewals and retention
- Maintain membership records, organize materials and adhere to and execute communication processes for members at all stages of their annual membership experience
- Support the Communication & Events Manager and the Director of Growth & Partnerships in executing plans and processes for membership recruitment and retention and membership events and experiences
- Execute invoicing processes and records management for all membership, events, conference, and other WCWI experiences
- Timely response to all inquiries including, but not limited to, membership, events, and member resources. This position is responsible for monitoring and responding appropriately to all communication through the WCWI team email and the office phone.
- Generate and analyze reporting across membership, events, experiences, conference, and additional areas as requested
- Execute the distribution of new member and renewing member materials
- Manage and complete the processes for continuing education reporting and applications to the organizations for which WCWI is an approved provider, and maintain all records and communication for members’ continuing education credits
- Responsible for maintenance and updating of website and Enewsletter content including but not limited to registration forms, blogs, etc. Some design work may be necessary; basic proficiency required or must be willing to attain in first 90 days of employment (training will be provided)
- Assist in all aspects of event planning, promotion and implementation as a main support of each staff role for all WCWI events including Annual Conference, monthly Member Resource Groups, fee-based learning events, networking experiences, and more
- All other duties as assigned. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Associate’s Degree in communications, business, marketing, nonprofit management, journalism or related field; no degree and non-related degrees will also be considered if professional experience is relevant
- At least 2 years of professional experience in an administrative or office coordination role, with preference to applicants with experience in member/customer service, membership service organizations, event services and event planning, and communications
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- This role requires exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities effectively and demonstrate time management skills
- Strong adaptability to react to changing needs of the staff team and the organization; exemplary resilience in managing expectations and deliverables
- Team- and collaboration-oriented and capable of working with a wide range of people and personalities
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced and autonomous work environment
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and the use of database management and accounting applications such as Salesforce, QuickBooks, email marketing software such as VerticalResponse
- Understands and believes in WCWI’s core belief that employee wellbeing is a foundational strategy and business priority for every employer of all sectors, industries, and sizes and regularly exhibits and articulates WCWI’s guiding principles: wellbeing is significant, craft the narrative, cherish growth, and bravely act together
Compensation and Benefits:
- Starting compensation in the range of $16-$18 per hour dependent of experience and fit with qualifications
- Year-end staff bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, Pre-tax FSA/Dependent Care Accounts, retirement savings with employer match, generous paid time off, flexible work arrangement
- Annual allocation for professional growth and development opportunities
- Organizational and team culture grounded first and foremost in protecting the staff wellbeing
Physical/Mental Demands and Work Environment:
- Currently, WCWI’s work is performed remotely/virtually with occasional in-person commitments for WCWI programs, networking events, Board and staff meetings, the annual conference, and engagements within the local and regional business community. This position will meet frequently with the Executive Director and other staff members both virtually and in-person.
- The individual must have a workspace in their home conducive to conducting all responsibilities of the job. WCWI will provide a computer, basic work supplies, and reasonable office/workspace equipment. Requests for workspace equipment is evaluated and determined case-by-case.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and type. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, grasp, handle or touch objects. The employee is occasionally required to stand, lift, walk, sit, reach above shoulders and lift 30 lbs.
- Constantly operating a computer, phone, Zoom virtual meetings, and communicating with members will be critical for this role.
- Weekends/evening hours are required for certain training and events and programs, such as WCWI’s Annual Employee Wellbeing Conference.
- Some travel statewide. Valid Wisconsin driver’s license required.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 28, 2022. No phone calls will be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer – WCWI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state of local laws.