Marquette University is looking for a Health and Wellness Manager to act as a subject matter expert regarding health and wellness on our campus. This role will evaluate our benefits and programs to develop recommendations that maintain a strong connection to our overarching Total Rewards strategy. This role will also have a large impact on health and wellness strategy through a variety of communication, strategy, and data/metrics management responsibilities. In addition, this role will lead our Wellness Implementation Committee, participate in our Health Care task force and manage the wellness programming budget.
Key responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Plans, designs, implements and evaluates cost effective health and wellness strategies for a diverse community of Faculty and Staff. With the Benefits director, ensures alignment with Marquette’s mission, the university’s strategy, and our Total Rewards Philosophy.
- Keeps current on health and wellness trends, laws and regulations to inform university and total rewards strategy. Engages with both local and higher education-specific health/wellness groups and resources to proactively identify and address challenges and opportunities.
- Leverages current and creates new metrics to measure the success of the benefits, programs, and vendors, and to demonstrate outcomes/return on investment.
- Directs and executes the communication strategy for wellness and health care. Develops user-friendly communication materials and tools/website for a diverse population.
- Closely collaborates with the university’s third-party benefit consultants on a broad range of health care/wellness issues.
- Works collaboratively with the HR Team to incorporate health and wellness into MU’s total rewards strategy. Partners with and educates members of the HR team and key university partners on our health and wellness benefits, programs, and processes to enhance overall service to our employees, covered family members, and leaders.
- Partners with and leverages existing university staff (e.g., recreational center staff/health champions/liaisons) to promote and administer wellness initiatives and programs. Coordinates with other wellness activities on campus.
- Manages and assists with the selection of vendor partners to ensure effective and efficient performance on key measures.
A successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Health and Wellness, Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field. Candidates that have some college plus signficiant related experience will be considered. Individuals must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in health and benefits programming. Successful candidates will have strong analytical skills, the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse audience through a variety of mediums and have a strong strategic mindset.
Marquette is one of 27 Catholic, Jesuit universities in the United States and is the largest private university in Wisconsin. Its attractive 98-acre campus on the edge of Milwaukee’s downtown is home to a highly collegial community with more than 2,800 employees and a current enrollment at approximately 11,600 students. Marquette is ranked in the top 100 of national universities by U.S. News & World Report with aspirations to be in the top 75.
All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online at: http://employment.marquette.edu/postings/13094
It is the policy of Marquette University to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other applicable federal or state-protected classification.