Health and Wellness Manager
Category: Human Resources
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
As a direct report to the Corporate Human Resources Director the Health and Wellness Manager engages employees and family members in their health and well-being by cultivating healthy attitudes, behaviors, and fostering a culture that values and supports a healthy workforce.
(1) Disseminate, manage and report on population based assessments of health status and needs; manage to the metrics. (2) Outreach; roam, have a presence and engage the workforce. (3) Health coaching: guide employees/family members in a discussion of their health conditions, what they most want to change, what support they have to foster change, and what obstacles or difficulties must be removed or minimized to advance healthy behaviors.
- Working with the Human Resources team, provide leadership for health and wellness services by developing and monitoring goals and measurable objectives.
- Oversee the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of theory and evidence based comprehensive health promotion strategies, programs and services.
- Develop disease management and lifestyle modification initiatives directed at improving quality of life and lowering claims experience
- Create a communications and marketing strategy to drive participation in behavioral health change initiatives.
- Develop programming and provide services to family members.
- Manage a monetary incentive approach tied to health insurance premiums.
- Coordinate an annual comprehensive biometric screening event.
- Incorporate multicultural diversity into health promotion services.
- Act as a liaison with the Health plan to direct employees/family members to appropriate services.
- Work with and teach employee/family members how to advocate and manage their health care with Physicians.
Experience and Abilities
Candidates for the role will have:
- Bachelors in health education, health promotion, wellness or related field; Masters preferred
- Experience or training in motivational interviewing, intrinsic coaching is highly desirable.
- CHES, CWP, or WELCOA faculty designations preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in health promotion/wellness programming with a minimum of 3 years worksite wellness experience.
- Knowledgeable with Best Practices in worksite wellness.
- Strong experience and expertise in health coaching. Ability to assess readiness for change and tailor interventions and education to match readiness.
- Skilled at employee relationship building and maintaining a high level of trust and accountability
- Knowledge of health risks, conditions, diseases with a good understanding of exercise principles, nutrition and weight management. Experience with biometric screenings.
- Competent at analyzing and interpreting data, drawing conclusions and formulating initiatives based on determined need; develop metrics to gauge effectiveness.
- Experience in developing initiatives to target lower health care utilization.
- Excellent verbal/written skills, effective as a public speaker.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to use desktop publishing and word processing software (MS Excel, PowerPoint, MS Word & Publisher) to disseminate program information.
- Bilingual in Spanish a strong plus.
We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package including 401(k) with company match and profit sharing, a platinum health insurance plan, a comprehensive wellness program, dental and vision insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, a flexible spending account, holiday pay and vacation, career development, a team environment with strong corporate values, an office located in vibrant downtown Madison, and more.
Apply online with your resume. Online applicants only please. www.aprilaire.com/jobs
Aprilaire, a Division of Research Product Corporation
1015 East Washington Avenue
P.O. Box 1467
Madison, WI 53701-1467