HEALTH & FITNESS ASSISTANT II
Assist in the areas of health education, aquatics, recreation, fitness testing and class instruction. Provide support for class implementation, special projects, health and fitness consultations and recreational activities.
Essential Job Functions (Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the duties, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. If requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
1. Administers fitness evaluations and health assessments.
2. Provides fitness, health and nutritional consultations.
3. Implements health education programs.
4. Assists in the development of special programs in all areas.
5. Instructs fitness classes.
6. Must follow all safe work practices, escalate unsafe conditions and report incidents.
1. Bachelor’s degree in exercise science, health education, nutrition or physical education required.
2. Minimum two years of related work experience desired.
3. Teaching experience in health education, fitness and/or aquatics.
4. Experience in fitness testing and exercise prescription.
5. Experience in providing individualized consultations, i.e., nutrition and fitness.
6. Personal Training certification desired, i.e., ACSM, NSCA, or NASM.
7. Friendly and outgoing personality.
8. Responsible and dependable
9. Excellent interpersonal communication skills. Must be able to effectively interact with program participants, providing encouragement, support and assistance to meet individual's needed.
10. Excellent group communication skills. Must be able to deliver group presentations and direct class activities.
11. Presents oneself in a professional manner at all times.
12. Creative, resourceful, able to generate new program ideas.
13. Organized and self-directed.
14. Enthusiastic and motivational to others.
15. Ability to adhere to Lands’ End Attendance program. For hourly full-time positions: Must be able to work a 40 hour work week and be available for overtime as business needs arise (e.g. peak season). For hourly flexible part-time positions: Must be able to adhere to hours scheduled based on specific business needs (e.g. increased availability for hours during peak season).
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Constant standing/walking
2. Frequent reaching below/at shoulder level, lifting up to 10 pounds
3. Frequent bending, twisting, reaching above shoulder level
4. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds