Health Promotion Manager: HealthFitness
Health Promotion Manager
HealthFitness has an excellent opportunity for a full-time (40hrs/wk) Health Promotion Manager at our new client site in Milwaukee, WI! As the Health Promotion Manager, you will be responsible for engaging this diverse population and managing a comprehensive wellness initiative including health assessments, screenings, coaching, safety/injury prevention and much more. This position offers the unique opportunity to be part of an established program while introducing HealthFitness as a new wellness vendor, and to work with a diverse company that is committed to improving the health of their employees.
- Maintains proactive, ongoing communication with client company HR / benefits team, location contacts, and other functional areas including health-related vendor-suppliers, as appropriate, to assess client needs and identify HealthFitness programming solutions.
- Leads, supports and guides Wellness Champion network locally and across client site locations.
- Develops and implements the yearly strategic business plan for an employer with an established comprehensive health management program including implementation of HealthFitness as the new wellness vendor, employee outreach, onsite screenings, marketing communications plan and evaluation plan.
- Assesses effectiveness of available health education interventions for each location, unique population and customizes delivery methods to reach all segments of the population with greater impact on outcome results. Provides personalized outreach to program participants.
- Coordinates and aligns health promotion messages with established safety campaign and safety team leaders.
- Provides strategic consultation as an experienced Subject Matter Expert in wellness program implementation and management.
- Ensures contract compliance. Manages client relationship to ensure that high customer satisfaction is maintained and HealthFitness value is reinforced.
- Designs and develops outcomes focused programs and interventions including data collection and evaluation process; delivers personalized health promotion programs to participants as applicable.
- Coordinates planning and delivery of the client program throughout the entire client organization in collaboration with corporate and site stakeholders; ensures full integration of program throughout all business locations.
- Coordinates marketing and communications to maximize program engagement, bringing in HealthFitness Marketing team support as appropriate. Seeks creative solutions to bring messaging to program participants who do not have computer access.
- Delivers face-to-face educational sessions and health programs to participants that offer engaging, practical, science-based information in a group setting to help raise awareness of healthy choices and reduce health risks among participants.
- Maintains accurate records and ensures confidentiality of all data collected during the health assessment and health promotion activities in accordance with HealthFitness requirements including if applicable, file transfer processes collaborating with other health related suppliers.
- Tracks participant and program data for measurement of individual and program goal achievement, outcomes and results. Creates outcomes focused management reports based on the identified business plan goals and objectives.
- Prepares and manages operating budget and budget tracking throughout the year. Provides monthly budget vs. actual statements to client. Ensures expenditures are made in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Travel to client company locations as needed (up to 10% travel) and meet face-to-face with program participants. Also supports program management with client company HR/benefits team, client’s peripheral departments and external benefits consultants.
- In conjunction with Regional Vice President and Regional Director, introduces new HealthFitness programs, products and services to the client for consideration.
- Submits employment forms, payroll records and billing worksheets accurately and according to contract provisions and HealthFitness policies as applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Bachelors degree (masters degree preferred) in health promotion, public health or related field is required.
- Preferred 3+ year's related work site wellness experience including two or more years of managing or leading a comprehensive wellness program preferably in a union and/or manufacturing environment.
- CHES certification preferred but not required.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Willing to be located at client headquarters in Milwaukee, WI with ability to travel up to 10% of the time. Travel may be local and require the use of a personal vehicle. Valid driver’s license is required.
- Experience with traveling to worksite locations to develop participant engagement in wellness programming. Experience working in manufacturing industries. Experience with gaining employee trust and buy-in for a new wellness program.
- Experience with safety integration within a manufacturing work environment.
- Proactive communication and customer service skills. Ability to supporting wellness program participants to find programs and resources that fit their unique needs.
- Ability to manage, own and provide strategic planning insight to a long-term, comprehensive health management program.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple work demands / projects.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including intermediate skills with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge and experience with WELCOA Well Workplace initiative.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of individuals both within HealthFitness and the client organization.
- Demonstrated experience in the areas of program development and implementation, data collection and analysis and outcomes reporting.
- Experience leading internal (local and national) wellness teams – engaging, dynamic team leader.
- Experience with public speaking and presenting to diverse populations.
- Extensive experience and demonstrated focus on providing exceptional customer service; ability to solve problems independently and collaboratively as needed.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Business Unit for Reporting