HR Benefits Generalist
WI - 53072
LEARN MORE OR APPLY TODAY
Salary: $55,034-$68,845, Annually
Job Type: Full time
Job Number: 2023-01-11ND
Department: Human Resources
Division: President's Division
Closing: 1/25/2023 11:59 PM Central
WCTC supports a Diverse and Inclusive Culture
The College is seeking to attract ethnically diverse instructors and staff who can inspire our increasingly diverse student population. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design, and deliver solutions. We value the ability to serve students from a broad range of cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds, genders, abilities, and orientations. Therefore, we seek applicants who demonstrate they understand the benefits of diversity in a higher education community. Consideration will be given to equity-minded individuals committed to collaborating with faculty, staff, administration, students, and community partners who are also committed to closing equity gaps.
Under general supervision, assists Director – Total Rewards with the data production, report-writing, research, plan/vendor conversions, proposals, cyclical communications and events, and continuous improvement of all systems, procedures, and functions of the department. This is a highly confidential position in which the employee must exercise discretion and sound judgment that could have legal consequences.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities (include, but not limited to)
- Respond to employees, retirees, dependents, applicants, third-party administrators, vendors and the public regarding compensation and benefits inquiries (COBRA, FMLA, complex claim issues, life insurance, etc.). Researching and resolving issues/concerns ensuring compliance with local, state and federal requirements.
- Provide time and attendance administrative and technical support, collaborating to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve issues. Provide training and communicate changes to the College, as appropriate.
- In partner with the Director of Total Rewards, conduct benefits orientation for new employees and communicate benefit overviews (new and existing benefits) to current employees.
- Create and audit ad hoc reports, compiling and researching data and information as needed for accurate and timely administration.
- Review, research, and analyze changes to service agreements, vendor contracts, employee/retiree communications pieces; recommend and implement changes as approved.
- Prepare, create and process various hard-copy and/or electronic benefit forms and other related documents.
- Assist in the development, review, revision, and implementation of policies, procedures, systems, and communication related to benefit functions. Research new or updated legislation and interpret impact on College programs.
- Oversee the processes used for application, completion and appropriate recordkeeping of requested leaves of absence (including FMLA). Troubleshoot complex or precedent-setting issues with supervisor.
- Collaborate with payroll and HRIS to ensure data and system integrity.
- Support College managers in quality and process improvement activities.
- Maintain current professional and technical knowledge in the field through professional education and activities. Provide back-up support services, as required.
- Participate as a resource for large compensation and benefits projects and initiatives
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Working knowledge of group insurance plans and/or claims adjudication
• Ability to read, understand, write and explain technical procedures and to perform mathematical calculations such as ratios and percentages
• Ability to compile data, analyze data and write/prepare reports
• Ability to organize and maintain detailed and accurate data and records
• Demonstrated ability to do effective public speaking to groups of all sizes and communicate effectively and succinctly in writing
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and other staff members
• Proficient with Office software, database systems, HRIS systems, common office practices such as writing procedures, and operation of common office equipment
• Bachelors Degree or Associates degree with 4 years of related experience
• Two years of experience with primary provider of employee benefits administration or group insurance claims administration
• Two years of experience with HR Software and database management systems.
The HR Benefits Generalist is part of the Human Resources Services department and will report to the Director of Total Rewards. This position is available to start around March 16, 2023.
This is a 40 hrs/week, exempt position, and is benefit eligible. .
Salary is commensurate of experience and is listed to the midpoint of the range on the 22/23 table as of 1/1/2023.
WCTC provides excellent benefits for our employees. Typical benefits for full-time employees (part-time employee benefits may be prorated) may include:
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- Term Life Insurance *
- Disability Insurance *
- 403(b) Tax Sheltered Annuity
- Deferred Compensation
- Sick Leave
- Personal Days
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wisconsin Retirement System (if schedule to work at least 1,200 hours per year)
- Tuition Reimbursement (full-time only)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Activities
* Not available to limited term employees.
All applicants (both internal and external) must submit a completed application* along with a current resume and cover letter.
Applications that have "see resume" or do not have the required attachments may not be considered.
*Finalists will need to submit proof of education (official/unofficial transcripts) if applicable.
Selected candidates will be invited to do a zoom interview the week of February 6, 2023 and finalist will interview with the Human Resources Team, in person, the following week.
LEARN MORE OR APPLY TODAY