Fitness & Wellness Program Manager
Minneapolis, MN (On-Site)
Fitness & Wellness Program Manager
AdvantageHealth Corporation, a leader in worksite health promotion, is currently seeking to fill an opening for a full-time (40 hours per week) Fitness & Wellness Program Manager for our client’s corporate location in Golden Valley, MN. This individual collaborates with our client’s HR/Benefits department to support their organization’s wellness initiatives, utilizing the Wellness Council of America (WELCOA) standards and guidelines. This individual assumes the overall management of the employee Fitness & Wellness Center with primary responsibility for the implementation and administration of a comprehensive employee health promotion program.
The Fitness & Wellness Program Manager provides insight into creative solutions to help meet the wellbeing and fitness program goals, considering the company culture, business goals, desired outcomes and budget. This is an exciting opportunity for a goal-driven and educated individual who is passionate about leading a comprehensive wellbeing program at a top organization. The ideal candidate will be a self-driven person with the ability to work effectively with minimum supervision both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Responsible for the day-to-day onsite fitness and wellness center operations including overseeing member management.
- Manage, develop, and conduct employee performance evaluations for two direct reports.
- Design, promote, implement and evaluate a successful, results-driven wellness program.
- Work with client’s internal wellness team to set annual goals, key objectives, assist with strategic planning, and evaluate the impact and effectiveness of the wellness program.
- Partner with members from the wellness team to develop and implement company-wide wellness programs, campaigns, and events.
- Lead wellness champion committee, facilitate meetings and provide resources to champions.
- Responsible for planning and coordination of annual vendor fairs.
- Assist with annual company 5K walk/run planning and day-of execution.
- Partner with Benefits & Corporate Communications for messaging and campaign content for intranet and virtual wellbeing platform, plus the promotion of wellbeing and fitness center activities/programs.
- Support the strategic planning and coordination for content and utilization of the virtual wellbeing platform.
- Collect and analyze data & evaluations to measure effectiveness of programs,
- Lead onsite group fitness classes.
- Provide one-on-one and small group personal training, including customized workout routines based on participant goals.
- Conduct fitness assessments for fitness center members to determine baseline measurements and goal setting.
- Assist in planning and organizing webinars, workshops, educational materials and other learning activities for client’s employees to learn more about healthy eating, physical activity, stress management, weight management, mindfulness & more.
- Prepare, interpret and deliver program summary and evaluation reports to AdvantageHealth leadership and the client on a monthly basis; continually evaluate programming needs and delivery methods to identify improvement strategies.
- Monitor approved budget and expenditures for health promotion initiatives.
- Research ongoing best practices related to worksites wellness and fitness industry.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of innovative wellbeing initiatives that are consistent with the direction and goals of the program.
- Engage and partner with leadership to support a culture of wellbeing.
- Develop and leverage partnerships with internal teams to gain insight in how to effectively understand, communicate with and influence employee audiences.
- Display excellent organization, project management and time management skills.
- Exhibit superior written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate to and collaborate with diverse audiences.
- Show strong interpersonal communication, leadership, group facilitation and customer service skills, including the ability to motivate others.
- Promote a holistic view of wellbeing, with the ability to operate at both a strategic and tactical level.
- Able to deliver presentations at all levels within an organization, both small and large group.
- Provide outstanding customer service to fitness center members and our client.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, plus experience with Canva a plus.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in exercise science, kinesiology, corporate fitness, health promotion, community/public health or similar field.
- A minimum of one year leading a comprehensive fitness/wellness effort in a corporate or community setting, with emphasis in program development and evaluation, staff supervision, overseeing budgets, lifestyle intervention techniques and membership recruitment/retention.
- Successful experience in the areas of needs assessment, program planning and development, marketing and promotion, implementation and delivery, and evaluation.
- Certifications in fitness/wellness fields, i.e. group exercise, personal training, yoga, Pilates and/or health coaching highly desired.
- Experience providing one-on-one and group personal training, including program design and customization for a variety of clientele.
- Current CPR/AED certification.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Human Resources
Health savings account
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
Monday to Friday, onsite
AdvantageHealth is an equal opportunity employer.