Location: Waukesha, WI
Are you looking for an opportunity to showcase your leadership, strategic planning, relationship building, and collaboration skills while serving as the face of the organization? Are you ready to roll up your sleeves and make a direct impact on the health and well-being of individuals across the state of Wisconsin?
The Wellness Council (WCWI) is the only nonprofit in Wisconsin dedicated exclusively to helping employers design results-oriented wellness programs to maximize the health and productivity of their most valuable asset – their employees. We are the Wisconsin affiliate of Wellness Councils of America (WELCOA).
As Wisconsin’s premier resource for workplace wellness, WCWI’s mission is to serve by:
- Empowering organization in transforming culture to change lives;
- Helping employers build comprehensive and sustainable programs;
- Dedicated to local support with a national network;
- Connecting over 700 likeminded professionals who support over 500 organizations.
In this dynamic role, you will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for all WCWI staff, programs, expansion and execution of its mission; reporting to the Board of Directors.
This is a fast-paced role where any given day may include executing detail oriented and administrative tasks, making strategic and financial decisions, brainstorming with your team on the latest workplace wellness trends and innovations, responding to member inquiries, and making sponsorship requests.
Functioning as a proactive, hands-on and collaborative leader in an entrepreneurial environment, your primary responsibilities include administration, fundraising, fiscal management, board oversight, personnel management, program development, member recruitment and liaison activities with employer, community, and governmental entities as well as the Wellness Council of America (WELCOA).
You will utilize your corporate wellness background as you partner with member organizations to educate, train, and support them on their well workplace initiatives and programs; including providing individual consultations, conducting workshops, regional meetings and speaking opportunities statewide.
Demonstrate your ability to inspire trust and credibility as you build relationships to expand revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and regional expansion while simultaneously building reserves.
Bring your passion for workplace wellness as you develop, engage, and energize partner organizations, funders, board members, event committees, volunteers, and alumni. Showcase your event planning expertise as this role is also responsible for planning and implementing an annual wellness conference.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in operational management, leadership, and strategic planning.
- 5+ years of relevant health promotion/wellness experience; ranging from basic programming to innovative strategies.
- Industry knowledge of health management strategies and worksite wellness concepts, business planning, financial development, administration and marketing.
- Non-profit and fund/sponsor development experience a plus.
Links to learn more about WCWI:
WCWI website - https://www.wellnesscouncilwi.org/WCWI.htm
2014 WCWI Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inz5ffS9iQY
We Make it Easy
- Applying takes less than 2 minutes. No passwords or accounts to register or sign-in for.
- You are hired directly by the company – MRA does not make hiring decisions.