Director of Growth & Partnerships
Position Title: Director of Growth & Partnerships
Posting Date: January 10, 2022
Closing Date: open until filled
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Full-time Exempt
To apply: Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by February 11, 2022. No phone calls will be accepted. A resume and cover letter must be received to be considered for this job.
To you, your work is more than just a job — you’re invigorated by working for a mission and making an impact. WCWI’s vision is to be a community of connected employers who are transforming Wisconsin’s workforce. We are committed to making this vision a reality in Wisconsin through the delivery of our unique membership experience and high-touch, high-value service. As the Director of Growth & Partnerships, you will lead the efforts in furthering WCWI’s presence throughout the state and regionally – driving membership growth by building and fostering relationships and partnerships. Ready to join our team and transform Wisconsin’s workforce?
More About WCWI:
WCWI is a nonprofit membership organization dedicated to supporting employers as the premier resource for employee wellbeing in Wisconsin. WCWI believes that employee wellbeing is a foundational strategy and business priority for every employer of all sectors, industries, and sizes. As a provider of professional development and consultation, we help organizations shift employee wellbeing to a foundational strategy that is valued and understood by all. WCWI celebrates thirty-six years of elevating and advancing employee wellbeing in Wisconsin’s workplaces and communities. Over 400 employers are engaged in WCWI’s membership and we unite and build connections across 600 wellbeing professionals and leaders to impact over 2.5 million employees in the workforce.
View WCWI’s website: https://www.wellnesscouncilwi.org/WCWI.htm
View WCWI’s Membership: 2022 Membership Benefits
View WCWI’s Impact: 2021 Year in Review
Overview of the Position and Reporting Structure:
WCWI is seeking a vital contributor to the organization’s growth to guide WCWI’s efforts in membership expansion and strategic partnerships. This is a newly-created position and we’re seeking a vibrant and passionate leader to join our team. Reporting to WCWI’s Executive Director, the Director of Growth and Partnerships will have three main external-facing responsibilities: (1) recruitment and sales for membership growth, (2) brand and marketing strategy, and (3) building and managing relationships with strategic partners. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining all processes and operations for membership growth. This role will also support important WCWI initiatives including: WCWI’s Annual Employee Wellbeing Conference, WCWI’s Partner Sponsorships, and WCWI’s brand presence in public relations.
- Work closely with Executive Director to develop and execute the membership revenue strategy
- Drive membership growth through building and fostering meaningful relationships with current and prospective members, strategic partners, sponsors, and industry peers
- Develop and manage effective operating processes to deliver membership growth goals
- Serve as a WCWI brand ambassador in the business community as an effective storyteller and trusted connector promoting and positioning WCWI’s vision, purpose, and membership value
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, expand WCWI’s strategic initiatives to new levels of impact and outcomes through expansion into new regions, industries, and partnerships
- Ability to inspire and educate prospective members and partners on the WCWI membership value and experience, drive awareness and engagement in WCWI’s services and benefits, and speak effectively about industry best practices and WCWI’s unique contribution to the wellbeing market
- Identify strategic partners for WCWI which align with our vision to grow WCWI’s membership and impact across Wisconsin and northern Midwest businesses
- Leverage social and professional networks to create relationships for WCWI with the overall purpose of continued membership growth
- Assist the Executive Director with special strategic initiatives and projects as needed
- At this time, the Director of Growth and Partnerships does not have direct reports or supervisory responsibilities, however this will likely change as WCWI grows
- All other duties as assigned. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in business, marketing, communications, public relations, nonprofit management or related field; non-related degrees will also be considered if professional experience is relevant
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a related role or field, with preference to applicants with experience in sales/business development, membership organizations, organizational/wellbeing consulting
- Applies a broad understanding of nonprofit budget management principles and makes fiscally sound and responsible decisions
- Experience driving brand strategy in public relations
- Consultative experience working with businesses and leadership
- A creative, out-of-the box thinker who thrives in bringing big ideas and goals to fruition
- Demonstrated ability to set goals and develop operational processes to achieve them
- Entrepreneurial spirit who enjoys a wide variety of work responsibilities and working closely with a small team
- Team- and collaboration-oriented and capable of working with a wide range of people and personalities
- Exceptional relationship-building and connecting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication including presentations and negotiation
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced and autonomous work environment
- Exemplifies strong prioritization, organizational, and time management skills
- Proven ability to develop and drive ideas from conceptual to executed
- Understands and believes in WCWI’s core belief that employee wellbeing is a foundational strategy and business priority for every employer of all sectors, industries, and sizes and regularly exhibits and articulates WCWI’s guiding principles: wellbeing is significant, craft the narrative, cherish growth, and bravely act together
Compensation and Benefits:
- Starting salary is in the range of $68,000 and dependent of experience and fit with qualifications
- Pay-for-performance bonuses (focused on membership growth)
- Comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, Pre-tax FSA/Dependent Care Accounts, retirement savings with employer match, generous paid time off, flexible work arrangement
- Annual allocation for professional growth and development opportunities
- Organizational and team culture grounded first and foremost in protecting the staff wellbeing
Physical/Mental Demands and Work Environment:
- Currently, WCWI’s work is performed remotely/virtually with occasional in-person commitments for WCWI programs, networking events, Board and staff meetings, the annual conference, and engagements within the local and regional business community. This position will meet frequently with the Executive Director and other staff members both virtually and in-person.
- The individual must have a workspace in their home conducive to conducting all responsibilities of the job. WCWI will provide a computer, basic work supplies, and reasonable office/workspace equipment. Requests for workspace equipment is evaluated and determined case-by-case.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and type. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, grasp, handle or touch objects. The employee is occasionally required to stand, lift, walk, sit, reach above shoulders and lift 30 lbs.
- Constantly operating a computer, phone, Zoom virtual meetings, and communicating with members, prospective members, and key partners will be critical for this role.
- Weekends/evening hours are required for certain training and events and programs, such as WCWI’s Annual Employee Wellbeing Conference.
- Some travel statewide and potentially in the northern Midwest region (up to 20%). Valid Wisconsin driver’s license required.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 11, 2022. No phone calls will be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer – WCWI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state of local laws.