Communication & Events Manager
Location: Wisconsin (remote)
Position Title: Communication & Events Manager
Posting Date: January 10, 2022
Closing Date: open until filled
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Full-time Exempt
To apply: Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by February 11, 2022. No phone calls will be accepted. A resume and cover letter must be received to be considered for this job.
To you, your work is more than just a job — you’re invigorated by working for a mission and making an impact. WCWI’s vision is to be a community of connected employers who are transforming Wisconsin’s workforce. We are committed to making this vision a reality in Wisconsin through the delivery of our unique membership experience and high-touch, high-value service. As the Communication & Events Manager, you will be the front line of support and connection for WCWI’s members - designing and conducting the communication and events that bring direct and lasting value to our members. Ready to join our team and transform Wisconsin’s workforce?
More About WCWI:
WCWI is a nonprofit membership organization dedicated to supporting employers as the premier resource for employee wellbeing in Wisconsin. WCWI believes that employee wellbeing is a foundational strategy and business priority for every employer of all sectors, industries, and sizes. As a provider of professional development and consultation, we help organizations shift employee wellbeing to a foundational strategy that is valued and understood by all. WCWI celebrates thirty-six years of elevating and advancing employee wellbeing in Wisconsin’s workplaces and communities. Over 400 employers are engaged in WCWI’s membership and we unite and build connections across 600 wellbeing professionals and leaders to impact over 2.5 million employees in the workforce.
View WCWI’s website: https://www.wellnesscouncilwi.org/WCWI.htm
View WCWI’s Membership: 2022 Membership Benefits
View WCWI’s Impact: 2021 Year in Review
Overview of the Position and Reporting Structure:
WCWI is seeking a vital contributor to the organization’s service team to provide communication and management of all of WCWI’s membership, program, and networking experiences. This is a newly-created position and we’re looking for an energetic and passionate individual to join our team. Reporting to WCWI’s Executive Director, the Communication and Events Manager will have three main responsibilities: (1) member service liaison fostering relationships, engagement, and retention of WCWI members, (2) communication and content development, and (3) event planning and implementation. This position will be responsible for maintaining all processes and operations for WCWI events and communicating directly with the WCWI membership community through functions such as the weekly eNewsletter, the website, blogs, emails, and more. This role will also support the planning and implementation of important WCWI initiatives including: WCWI’s Annual Employee Wellbeing Conference, WCWI’s Partner Sponsor benefits, and WCWI’s networking and learning events.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to develop, execute, and evaluate success of the membership engagement and retention strategy
- Work closely with the Operations Coordinator to ensure ongoing membership processes and service exceed expectations and contribute to successful realization of membership renewals and retention
- Develop communication plans across all main channels for WCWI initiatives including, but not limited to – WCWI training, programs, networking events, membership experiences such as monthly Member Resource Groups, virtual enrichment sessions, WCWI content blogs and resources, sponsor benefits, the annual conference, member stories, WCWI podcast
- Executes communication tactics aligned to WCWI’s brand and uses strategic communications to help WCWI reach our goals and objectives for membership engagement and retention
- Responsible for drafting communications to reach WCWI members and developing/designing content for the website, eNewsletter, press releases, members polls and surveys, and more
- Develop and manage the communication and event plans for all logistical elements of programs and events including but not limited to: promotional messaging, registration processes, website updates, working with speakers, delivering sponsor benefits, etc
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Director of Learning Strategy to develop the annual content calendar and execute communications through all channels including social media
- Lead WCWI’s social media strategy
- Present and facilitate ongoing member experiences such as virtual member orientations, monthly Member Resource Groups, enrichment sessions, in-person member networking events
- Ongoing – refine and/or develop strategies to stimulate member engagement and improve member satisfaction and retention
- Manage the ongoing evaluation process of membership needs and satisfaction, WCWI’s programs, networking events, and annual conference
- Assist the Executive Director with special strategic membership initiatives and projects as needed
- The Communication and Events Manager does not have direct reports or supervisory responsibilities
- All other duties as assigned. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, business, marketing, nonprofit management, journalism or related field; non-related bachelor’s degrees will also be considered if professional experience is relevant
- 3-5 years of professional experience in a related role or field, with preference to applicants with experience in member/customer service, membership service organizations, event services and event planning, and communications
- Must have excellent written, verbal, and relational communication skills including presentations
- Demonstrated ability to set goals and develop operational processes to achieve them
- Entrepreneurial spirit who enjoys a wide variety of work responsibilities and working closely with a small team
- Team- and collaboration-oriented and capable of working with a wide range of people and personalities
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced and autonomous work environment
- Exemplifies strong prioritization, organizational, and time management skills
- Experience working in design programs such as Canva, Publisher, Photoshop, PowerPoint, other. Experience in website content design is a plus.
- Understands and believes in WCWI’s core belief that employee wellbeing is a foundational strategy and business priority for every employer of all sectors, industries, and sizes and regularly exhibits and articulates
- WCWI’s guiding principles: wellbeing is significant, craft the narrative, cherish growth, and bravely act together
Compensation and Benefits:
- Starting salary in the range of $50,000 dependent of experience and fit with qualifications
- Pay-for-performance bonuses (focused on membership retention)
- Comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, Pre-tax FSA/Dependent Care Accounts, retirement savings with employer match, generous paid time off, flexible work arrangement
- Annual allocation for professional growth and development opportunities
- Organizational and team culture grounded first and foremost in protecting the staff wellbeing
Physical/Mental Demands and Work Environment:
- Currently, WCWI’s work is performed remotely/virtually with occasional in-person commitments for WCWI programs, networking events, Board and staff meetings, the annual conference, and engagements within the local and regional business community. This position will meet frequently with the Executive Director and other staff members both virtually and in-person.
- The individual must have a workspace in their home conducive to conducting all responsibilities of the job. WCWI will provide a computer, basic work supplies, and reasonable office/workspace equipment. Requests for workspace equipment is evaluated and determined case-by-case.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and type. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, grasp, handle or touch objects. The employee is occasionally required to stand, lift, walk, sit, reach above shoulders and lift 30 lbs.
- Constantly operating a computer, phone, Zoom virtual meetings, and communicating with members and partners will be critical for this role.
- Weekends/evening hours are required for certain training and events and programs, such as WCWI’s Annual Employee Wellbeing Conference.
- Some travel statewide (up to 20%). Valid Wisconsin driver’s license required.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 11, 2022. No phone calls will be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer – WCWI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state of local laws.