Official Job Title: BENEFITS SPECIALIST I (INST)
Working Title: Benefits Specialist
Position Number: 02301977
Division: Finance and Administrative Affairs
Department: B024010 HUMAN RESOURCES
Position Type: Non-Teaching Academic Staff
Appointment Type: Fixed Renewable
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Type: Staff
If you want to be part of an organization that is playing a vital role in crafting the future of Wisconsin, the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (UWM) is the place for you. UWM is seeking an experienced Benefits Specialist for our Department of Human Resources. If you are passionate about being part of a dynamic and talented team of human resources professionals who value integrity and excellence and want to help take us to the next level, then look no further.
Who We Are:
UWM, a doctoral/research intensive university, is Wisconsin’s premier public urban university and offers a comprehensive liberal arts and professional education at the undergraduate and graduate level to over 25,000 students. UWM takes pride in being a student-centered institution that is deeply committed to diversity in its student body, faculty and staff, and programs. Our tree-lined, 104-acre campus is located on Milwaukee’s upper-eastside, one of the city’s most attractive residential areas and home to many faculty, staff, and students. For more information, please visit our website at www.uwm.edu
What We Offer:
- Innovative, collaborative, and casual-work environment with flexible work/life balance schedules
- This position can offer Hybrid work options (combination of remote work and in-office at the UW Milwaukee main campus)
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Excellent comprehensive benefits package
- On-site health & wellness programs
- On-site affordable day care
- Best practice PTO policies and paid holidays
- Open communication, recognition programs, and team-building events
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals who want to make a real difference in their community and role
Provides accurate, timely, and comprehensive benefit information and counseling to institutional human resources professionals and employees to assist audiences in understanding benefits eligibility, selection, and enrollment rules. Completes and processes benefit enrollments and changes to ensure up-to-date benefits data.
- 1+ years of professional experience working in an HR capacity
- Experience functioning as a customer resource responding to routine and complex questions
- Demonstrated experience working with Microsoft Office suite (e.g., Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other commonly used business productivity software
- Bachelor’s degree or certifications in related field (e.g., SHRM, PHR, CEBS)
- Experience working with HR information systems (e.g., PeopleSoft System)
- Evidence of knowledge of Employee Benefits Administration methods, techniques, processes, and procedures
- Demonstrated experience using discretion and good judgment regarding sensitive and confidential information
- Experience in higher education environment
Interested applicants are required to apply online and provide:
- A cover letter addressing your education/experience as it applies to all minimum and preferred qualifications,
- A resume, and
- A document listing the names and contact information for three professional references.
In instances where the Search and Screen Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidate’s application materials whether she/he meets any of the qualifications, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications. UWM will not consider paper, emailed or faxed applications. Apply electronically at: https://jobs.uwm.edu/postings/33974
by the application deadline date of April 17, 2022
. Questions about this position should be directed to Amanda Grober at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 04/17/2022
Continuous (Open Until Filled?) No
Position Contact Name: Amanda Grober
Contact Phone: 414-251-8499
For this position, applicants are required to apply online. UWM will not consider paper, emailed or faxed applications. Additionally, applicants must complete all required fields and attach any required documents. The process is complete when the message “Your application has been submitted” is displayed and you receive a confirmation number
- UWM is an AA/EO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
- UWM provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual with a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact email@example.com or 414-229-4463. This job announcement and other material on this site will be made available in alternate formats upon request to an individual with a disability.
Confidentiality of Applicant Materials
- UWM is a State agency and subject to Wisconsin’s Open Records Law. UWM will not, however, reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing except as may be required by Wisconsin’s Open Records law. In certain circumstances, the identities of “final candidates” and/or the identity of the appointed applicant must be revealed upon request.
CBC and Reference Check Policy
- Employment will require a criminal background check. UWM takes the prevention of sexual misconduct seriously. As such, you and your references will be required to answer questions regarding any past findings of sexual violence and sexual harassment or any pending allegations of sexual violence or sexual harassment.
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (Clery Act)
- For the UWM Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports (i.e., Clery Report), which includes statistics about reported crimes and information about campus security policies, see http://www.cleryact.uwm.edu/, or call UWM’s Dean of Students Office, Student Union 345 at (414) 229-4632 for a paper copy.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons at the time of their start date will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Title and Total Compensation Project
- The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in 2021. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).