Job Location US-WI-Madison
Posted Date 11/23/2016
Category Human Resources/Organizational Development
Schedule Flexible 20 hours per week
Salary Grade 3
Min USD $13.80/Hr.
This is a year-round internship. Starts upon hire.
Location: Madison WI
The Human Resources Benefits and Well-being intern primarily supports the Total Rewards functional area of HR with a primary focus on administration and coordination of UWCU’s Well-being program. With the guidance of the Total Rewards Manager, this position is responsible for administrative functions of the Well-being program, as well as communication and support of departments and participants to enhance the general wellness culture within UWCU.
This position supports the HR team with additional functions that include: maintaining files and records, participating in special projects, and preparing correspondence. This position must maintain a high degree of confidentiality in regards to employee matters and organization information.
This position must effectively carry out the essential duties of this position in a manner that consistently demonstrates the core values of the organization in a positive manner.
1.) Well-Being Program Support - 80%
a. Under the direction of the Total Rewards Manager, coordinates and administers well-being campaigns and initiatives. These include: annual health risk assessments & biometric screenings and annual flu shot clinics.
b. Assists with maintaining the well-being vendor portal to ensure content is up to date and programs are running smoothly.
c. Maintains UWCU’s Well-being intranet page (may go away with addition of portal)
d. Responds to employee questions regarding Well-being programs & initiatives.
e. Assists with gathering and analyzing data to measure the success of well-being programs & initiatives.
f. Drafts organization and employee communication with regard to well-being programming.
g. Coordinates prizes giveaways for participants.
h. Makes recommendations to the Total Rewards Manager for new and/or improved well-being programs & initiatives.
2.) Human Resources Support & Administration - 20%
a. Assists in maintaining personnel files.
b. Assists with project research and information gathering based on current HR initiatives.
c. Participates in HR Team meetings.
d. Provides administrative support for all functional areas of HR as needed.
e. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Two semesters of coursework in an accredited college or technical school with declared major in Human Resources, Health & Wellness Management, or related field preferred.
- 1-2 years experience working in a professional office setting.
- Student in good standing with an accredited post secondary educational institution.
- Participation in a student professional organization such as SHRM, Wellness Council of America, National Wellness Institute, or similar organization preferred.
- Proficiency in a variety of computer software applications, (Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Power Point & Exel).
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Strong attention to detail in establishing priorities, completing assignments and projects, and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to represent a professional image.
- Knowledge of office administration procedures.
- Excellent spelling, grammar and written communications skills.
- Excellent telephone and oral communication skills.