WCWI's Employee Burnout Survey
Assessing Employee Experiences with Symptoms of Burnout & Wellbeing Support
Included in the WCWI Membership at no additional cost.
Using WCWI's Guiding Principles
, you will open opportunities to expand the scope of impact and outcomes of your employee wellbeing strategies. One of these principles is We Craft the Narrative
. This guiding principle emphasizes the importance of remaining students of the human experience by continuously listening and responding to the voices and needs of our people.
WCWI is excited to announce our newest member-only benefit and statewide initiative...
As a WCWI Member, your organization has the opportunity to capture the voices of your people with WCWI's Employee Burnout Survey. Written by wellbeing strategists, this survey will gather an understanding of how your employees are feeling and their experiences with symptoms of burnout especially related to the workplace culture, the demands of their job, their relationships at work, the support they have, and the challenges they’re facing.
Additionally, your participation will contribute to WCWI’s statewide effort to collect the experiences of employees across Wisconsin’s employers. WCWI believes that employee wellbeing is a foundational strategy and business priority for every employer of all sectors, industries, and sizes. The statewide survey data will inform Wisconsin employers for the purpose of developing meaningful strategies to impact the wellbeing of their employees.
As a WCWI Member, you will...
- receive a unique URL with a customized version of WCWI's Employee Burnout Survey hosted within WCWI's website. This survey URL will be for your organization only.
- lead the communication and data collection strategy for your organization.
- receive the raw results of your survey within an Excel file for you and your organization to own and analyze.
WCWI's Employee Burnout Survey includes:
Within the survey, you’ll find three main sections with a total of 48 questions. You will be able to customize various questions within Section 1 specific to demographics, employee benefits, etc.; and the Text After Submission section in support of your organization's employee benefits and recommended resources. Additionally, your organization will be able to include your logo within the survey header.
The main components of the survey include:
- Introduction of the survey including a description and key definitions
- Section 1: Demographic and Background Data
- Section 2: Experiences with Symptoms of Burnout
- Section 3: Work-Related Factors
- Text After Submission
To gain access to this WCWI Member benefit, your organization must:
- be an active WCWI Member to utilize the survey.
- deploy this survey to your internal employee population only.
- submit agreement to not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, display, perform, modify, create derivative works, transmit, or in any way exploit any such content, nor may you distribute any part of this content over any network, including a local area network, sell or offer it for sale, or use such content to construct any kind of database.
As a part of our effort to collect the experiences of employees across Wisconsin’s employers, WCWI is making the survey accessible to member employers during two specific timeframes until December 31, 2022. This will allow for a more controlled process and environment, enhancing credibility for benchmarking data across the state. The survey will be offered during:
- Option 1: December 1, 2021 – February 14, 2022 (deadline to commit: Monday, November 15)
- Option 2: April 1, 2022 – June 15, 2022 (deadline TBD)
- Your organization can choose to participate in Option 1, Option 2, or both.
Whether you're interested in learning more or ready to start the launch process, attending an orientation is the next step. This 30 minute orientation will give you and your leadership insight on the survey content, launch process, and opportunity to ask the WCWI Team any questions you may have.
Upcoming dates are:
- Monday, October 18 at 11:30 AM
- Tuesday, October 26 at 12:30 PM
- Wednesday, November 3 at 3:00 PM
In every meeting, every interaction, and every coaching session, I have been hearing how burnout is a severe problem affecting the majority of groups within our organization. With knowing the consequences of burnout, I wanted to take action in order to increase the personal wellbeing of our employees and improve the quality of their work/life. This survey is an initial step in the right direction and has allowed me to assess burnout for severity and causes. I plan on using and translating the research of burnout into action within our organization to better the wellbeing of all employees. I thank WCWI for not only helping develop the survey, but also providing this as a WCWI Member benefit hosted within their website. This has built some trust within our organization and has allowed those to be open and candid about their struggles with burnout. I am looking forward to hearing from other companies who decide to utilize this survey and hope we get to see the results as a whole. This will be great for discussing common trends and also a guide when producing burnout solutions in the near future.
Wellness Coordinator, Miron Construction Co., Inc.