What Matters Most? Evaluating the Impact & Value of Your Wellness Strategy
“We live in the world that our questions create.” ― David Cooperrider
Evaluation is the process of assessing and measuring. In the case of evaluating your wellness strategy, a vital way to frame your evaluation is to consider it an opportunity to assess the impact and value.
One driving question that can guide your evaluation effort is:
Does your strategy provide value to the organization and to the employees?
Though the question itself is simplistic, it allows your focus to expand to a broader sense of impact and shared results. By focusing on value, you can continue to define what matters most to your organization and your people.
Evaluation measures the progress, value & impact of…
Check out WCWI's previous blog on measuring meaningful data for your wellness strategy:
Three ideal characteristics of comprehensive evaluation…
- A strategic, defined, and connected process of measuring the goals you set out to accomplish.
- An inclusive assessment of the value of your wellness strategy’s impact that utilizes a wide-variety of success measures – not limited to cost savings or cost avoidance.
- A generative opportunity to learn from your findings and create next steps to enhance or alter your strategy.
Use your evaluation to continuously evolve…
Evaluation is not only a method of measuring value and impact, but also your process to identify key areas of opportunity in your strategy to build upon, enhance, eliminate, or change. It will reveal information that will help you innovate and generate your next ideas for your strategy. Consider these questions to influence your idea generation based on your evaluation results:
- Within your evaluation findings, what matters most to your leadership?
- What trends do you see?
- What did you learn about your people?
- Do your employees feel supported and cared for?
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.” ―Maya Angelou
Are you ready to dig in deeper to crafting your evaluation?
Check out these WCWI member resources:
- discuss tangible ideas and collaborative next steps with a WCWI team member
– gain a deeper understanding of the 7 benchmark well workplace framework
– select a learning opportunity that best fits your needs
Save $100 on WCWI & WELCOA membership.
LEARN MORE. Gain firsthand insight to the resources, courses, and services our members have access to through one of our weekly Membership Orietnations. During this 35 minute orientation call, we'll navigate through the Wellness Council of Wisconsin's and WELCOA's member websites. Don't worry, we share our screen with you during this call!
- Wednesday, November 13 at 9:00 AM
- Tuesday, November 19 at 11:00 AM
- Wednesday, December 4 at 1:00 PM
Marissa Kalkman, MS, MCHES