5 Takeaways From
WCWI’s Expert Contributor on Leadership
“My personal philosophy and approach to transform company cultures starts at the top with the organization’s leaders,” explains Beth Ridley, WCWI Expert Contributor on Leadership and CEO and Founder of The Brimful Life
Beth’s 5 Takeaways from 2020 support fostering more emotional connection at work and employee engagement. Here’s what she had to say:
- Lesson 1: Tell your employees what you appreciate about them. Remind them what they uniquely do well and how they uniquely add value.
- Lesson 2: Reinforce why work matters. At the start of every meeting, take 30 seconds to articulate how the meeting connects to the higher mission and vision of the organization. If you can’t articulate why the meeting matters, don’t have it.
- Lesson 3: Invest in getting to know all of your employees personally. One way to do this is by asking more interesting questions.
- Recommended Resource: 52 Better Ways To Ask, "How Are You?" Card Deck
- Recommended Resource: Airbnb Online Experiences
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES ON LEADERSHIP:
JOIN WCWI'S MEMBER RESOURCE GROUP
Thursday, January 28 at 2:00 PM
The Significance of Employee Wellbeing with WCWI's Expert Contributors
Join our January Member Resource Group for a collaborative discussion with our Expert Contributors as they share their niche expertise, perspectives on the future of employee wellbeing, and answer questions submitted by you through registration. Topics to be included are: culture, leadership, mental health, and workplace environment and design.
Assistant Director, Marketing & Membership
Please wait while we gather your results.