10 Years of Making an Impact
The loyal and dedicated Well City Fox Cities (WCFC) Advisory Board embarked on their journey to achieve their 2nd Well City designation on August 12, 2015 with approval of their strategic plan from the Wellness Council of America (WELCOA). Only one other community in the United States has achieved a Well City designation twice. This community also residing in the state of Wisconsin (Well City Milwaukee). On November, 14 the Fox Cities region was awarded the coveted Well City USA designation by the WELCOA. With the achievement of 2 Well City designations, this showcases over 10 years of commitment to this region and aligning employers through the Well Workplace process.
WCFC Mission: Well City Fox Cities (WCFC) will be the catalyst for every employer to adopt a comprehensive results-oriented worksite wellness program as a key business strategy to a healthier workforce and ultimately leading to a healthier community in the Fox Cities.
WCFC Vision: All Fox Cities employers will offer a comprehensive worksite wellness program to enhance the health and wellbeing of the workforce and community we work, live and play in.
WCFC Goal: Within 36 months, a minimum of 20 employers within the designated Fox Cities region who employ at least 20% of the workforce will have achieved a Well Workplace designation from WELCOA, thus successfully retaining Well City status.
11 Ways WCFC Was Committed to Excellence
- Reached 27,756 employees (23% of entire workforce) in the Fox Cities region through their commitment to the Well Workplace process.
- 30 committed employers completed and achieved a Well Workplace Award. This consists of 78% of the organizations that were initially committed to the project back in 2015
- 6 organizations achieved a higher Well Workplace designation compared to their 2013 Well City results
- 10 organizations received a Platinum Well Workplace designation
- Donations from area businesses funded the Adopt-a-Student program, which provided funding to local students for wellness education within their schools.
- Donations from regional health insurers funded the Adopt-an-Employer program, which provided grants to area employers lacking sufficient funds to implement worksite wellness.
- WCFC Advisory Board members provided education and mentorship to local employers through a variety of channels
- Well Workplace University training sessions were hosted by WCFC member organizations during the first year of the initiative.
- Learning Circles and Mentoring Workshops were held monthly the first year and then quarterly in year’s two and three for member organizations to attend and receive support.
- Each Advisory Board member was assigned member organizations to provide one-on-one support to throughout the Well Workplace process.
- In May 2016, WCFC joined forces with two local organizations with similar goals, Well Oshkosh and Weight of the Fox Valley, to provide a Wellness Summit that 34 employers attended.
Committed to Quality and Excellence
Celebrate these organization's achievement of a Well Workplace Award!
Air Wisconsin | Gold
Appleton Area School District | Gold
Associated | Gold
Aurora Health Care | Platinum
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin | Gold
City of Appleton | Gold
Faith Technologies, Inc.| Gold
Fox Valley Technical College | Gold
Galloway Company | Gold
Goodwill North Central Wisconsin | Platinum
J.J. Keller & Associates | Platinum
Kimberly Area School District | Platinum
Kimberly-Clark Corporation | Platinum
Lawrence University | Platinum
McClone Agency | Silver
Menasha Corp | Gold
Menasha Utilities | Small Business
Miller Electric | Gold
Neenah Joint School District | Gold
Network Health Plan | Platinum
Robert W. Baird | Gold
School Specialty | Gold
SECURA Insurance | Platinum
ThedaCare | Platinum
Tidi Products | Gold
United Way Fox Cities | Small Business
US Venture | Platinum
Verve, a credit union | Gold
Werner Electric Supply | Gold
YMCA of the Fox Cities | Gold
Katie Reiels, MS, WELCOA Faculty