Skill Building Session I
Title: Designing the Optimal Team To Deliver High Level Sustained Performance
Speaker: Cameron Black, CCWS, Wellness Director/Strategic Advisor, OllisAkerArney
Description: Teams have been around in various forms since the beginning of time, but why have some been able to sustain success while others fail? Wellness Teams that are created and nurtured in the correct manner virtually guarantee an organization long term success, so why are so few organizations creating optimal teams? In this thought provoking presentation, Cameron Black will demonstrate the importance of teamwork and provide a blueprint of how organizations can create their own optimal wellness team.
- Design: What an Optimal Wellness Team should look like in any high performing organization
- Action: What Optimal Wellness Teams do that differentiates them from those that are failing to perform
- Highlight: Key factors that Optimal Wellness Teams share that lead to sustained success and the greatest impact to the bottom line
- Empower: What Optimal Wellness Teams understand and implement that average wellness teams don’t even consider
- Create: Leadership culture, what fits your organization? How does your Wellness Team Leader create the environment for sustained success?
Cameron attended Drury University (Springfield, MO) on a swimming scholarship and graduated with a B.A. degree in Exercise and Sports Science and a minor in Cultural Diversity in 2001. In 2004, he began his career as a health educator with Mercy Corporate Health before leaving to become the Wellness Director for Ollis/Akers/Arney in 2009.
In his position at Ollis/Akers/Arney, Cameron works to implement and advance worksite wellness programs with the aim of reducing our clients’ long-term Total Cost of BenefitsTM. In 2015, Cameron added the role of Strategic Advisor helping clients create a strategic plan around their health benefit program. Cameron was selected as one of the Wellness Council of America’s Top 100 in 2016 and is a certified corporate wellness specialist. Cameron is a lifelong Manchester United supporter and enjoys watching them play at any opportunity. He also has two wonderful children and enjoys daydreaming of the day that they will pull on the red jersey of United!