Developing your Art & Heart for Connection & Influence
Sarah Fecht, Owner of Best Self Leadership
Whatever your vocation or aspiration, you can increase your impact on others by becoming a person of influence and building deeper connections. Learn simple, insightful ways to interact more positively with others, and become the unifier and connecter in support of wellbeing at your organization.
During the workshop you will be lead through the principles of influence that translate to a reframe of wellbeing that lives at the heart of connection and influence. During this power hour you will also dive deeper into building meaningful connections- with you as the connector. And while it may seem like some folks are just born with it, the fact is anyone can learn how to make every conversation an opportunity for a powerful connection. We will dig deeper into John Maxwell’s Five Principles and Five Practices to develop the crucial skill of connecting.
No matter what your goals are in life, you can achieve them faster, you can be more effective and the contribution you make can be longer lasting if you learn to develop your influence and ability to connect.
- How to contribute to the daily reframing of your role as a wellbeing leader through exploration of 5 principles of influence.
- How to intentionally influence every aspect of relationships in the diverse circles of influence that they participate in, in support of wellbeing.
- As a person of influence, you have the ability to uniquely add value to others. You will learn the three questions that you should ask every day to generate more influence in your daily life that will have a ripple effect on the people you lead and contribute to a more unified and connected culture.
- How to stop our heads (and the stories we tell ourselves) from getting in the way of our hearts. Influence is not about impressing people... it’s about connecting with them.
- How to develop common ground with others and make every conversation an opportunity to create deep connection.
Sarah Fecht is a people lover who partners with leaders to bring their best self to work, to home, and to the community where they serve. Sarah’s goal is to share stories that impact people to make our world better. Sarah understands that leadership must be intentional, nurtured, and grown for success to occur. Sarah knows that when leaders win their day, organizations, families, and communities reap the benefits.
She is the owner of Best Self Leadership which provides coaching, training, and keynote speaking. Prior to starting her own business Sarah lead human resource teams in a variety of industries including construction, retail, city government, trucking and banking. She also teaches at Viterbo University. Sarah is blessed with an amazing network of support including her fantastic family; her charming husband Tom, four beautiful kids at home, and her precious Angel Awesome Austin. As a lifelong learner, she earned her BBA in Management & Human Resources from Viterbo University, her MBA from UW- La Crosse, her Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification from the Human Resources Certification Institute, her Senior Certified Professional designation from the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and her John Maxwell Coaching, Training & Speaking Certification during her career so far.